Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Back with Photos

We are back!!! I have photos to share....Check 'em out!








The first photo is of our yard with some smoke....Next is us packed up, or in the process of packing rather....both vans were loaded btw....Then the next photo is that of a heli with a bucket getting water from our pond...I must say that was rather exciting to see....Then there is a photo of a smoking tree right around the bend from our gate and lastly a field right past the tree...

I am so very, very proud of my offspring...they did what I asked, when I asked it and the packing and gathering of family (furry variety) went very smoothly...All we gathered were two sets of clothing each, pjs, toiletries, photos, homemovies, each girl grabbed their cd player and cds and a few books. I grabbed a shawl I was working on for my grandmother and my marriage certificate which is framed. And of course The Old Man and I grabbed our cameras...being the repressed photographers we are.

We didn't freak out until after the fire was over...and it wasn't a reaction like OMG poor us it got so close it was more like....the realization that comfort can come and go so quickly....cozy in the bed one minute and then having to choose what and whom is most important to take....

The fire was started by a spark from car exhaust. We have been under burn ban since before Thanksgiving, can't even mow our lawn, for fear of a spark from the mower...But you can hardly not drive, ya know?

Anywho...thanks to all for the wellwishes and kindness of words and thoughts...we are home safe and sound and unpacking.

10 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I am so glad you're home and safe.

1:50 PM  
Blogger ThreeOliveMartini said...

i seciond what Kari said !!

1:59 PM  
Blogger hi, i'm natalie said...

What a scary event - glad you're home safe!!

2:01 PM  
Blogger none said...

Glad all is okay. Very scary!

3:24 PM  
Blogger Megan said...

So glad to hear everyone is safe!

6:39 PM  
Blogger Priscilla said...

I'm so glad it all was well. I still wish you had my rain.
BTW we never know what we and ours are capable of doing til put to the test.

8:22 PM  
Blogger Jewels said...

Oh gosh, I read about the scary fire thing on Deneen's blog. I am so glad critters and family are home, safe and unpacking. Yes, how true, our lives as they are hang by a thread every day. All the more to appreciate every moment.

9:48 PM  
Blogger MrsFife said...

Huggggggggggggggggggggggggs! I've been so worried!

11:31 PM  
Blogger Deneen said...

I have been watching the news and worrying. So glad you are all safe and sound! I was trying to imagine what would go through my head if something like that happened here and I couldn't imagine.

5:53 AM  
Blogger Lynlee said...

Kudos to the kiddos! I am SO HAPPY to know that you are all safe!

6:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home