Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Nothingness

That's right I'm posting nothingness....Gotta have something to post, right?

So let me tell ya about my lastest new thingy I tired. I went to Starbucks and got me a big ole Green Tea Frappachino...I was so wanting to try this drink!!! On our trek into town, have I mentioned us going to town is like the Ingalls in Little House going some place (very pioneer-ish), anyhoo, I wanted to try this yummy drink as I am a tea/coffee freak and really loves me some green tea (take a breath because this sentence apparently has no end). On first sip, ahhhhh refreshing, cool, a tiny hint of cream, hmmm not bad, second sip, hmmm taste a bit like a freshly mowed lawn, nah its my imagination for 4 bucks its good, GOOD, I tell you. Third sip didn't improve. Needless to say I was bummed, darn it! The girls did enjoy eating the whipped topping off though! For four bucks I coulda bought some yarn, and I know that don't taste like freshly mowed lawn, or does it?

Have I mentioned we don't watch tv, can't get tv out here without a satelite, and after having one for almost ten years decided it sucked and chose not to have tv programming. We do own a TV and can watch DVDs but not network or satelite programming. Infact the tv sometimes is untouched for 3 weeks or more. People find this odd, but I must say it's rather liberating. Having said that let me add we don't see any ads for upcoming movies so when we see something we have no expectations. We rarely go to the movies either. So we watch DVDs when they become available. The latest we purchased is National Treasure, I gotta say I really, really enjoyed it. How accurate it is? Who knows? But being someone that reads everything they can about mysteries of ancient times, it pretty much sucked me in. Sure I guess it could have had more flash, like gratuitous boobage or cussing but I liked it anyway. Infact I enjoyed it so much I've dragged out all my books on supposed hidden meanings in text, and pictures throughout history. Wonder if DH will mind sleeping on the sofa so I don't have to put them all away? LOL!

I'm reading a really good book too, it's a college text book a newer addition sociology book. I found it at Goodwill for $1.29....What a steal!!! I got it for homeschooling and for me! So much info contained in it's cover, I will certainly be able to make up a test and make assignments for it! Poor child better get her writing hand ready.

I leave you will a question to be answered or not....Do you feel that when one does things for a charity, that those deeds are taken away from if the do-er must bellow from the roof tops all the marvels they have done? Guess you can tell my thoughts by the way the question is worded....

pssssst... I am too crocheting!!!! Really I am! Hey I just reread my post and I have a lot of "really"s in there.... weird.. I must really, really be tired!

6 Comments:

Blogger Veronica said...

We don´t have a satellite either... so same happens here. Funny thing is then, while being with friends, you feel a little lost as they keep talking about TV shows, that´s when you realize how addictive it can be!
I "really" liked that movie as well! :) It´s kind of Indeana Jones (H. Ford is sexier tho haha).
And Starbucks, well.. I do like the caramel frappuccino (i think that´s the name) but it´s not all that great.

I was thinking.. you could name a few books for me? Seems like we have a similar taste and I´m out of interesting books :(

HAve a nice daY!

5:47 AM  
Blogger Lynlee said...

lawn? ew. and people think i'm weird b/c I don't like guacamole (tastes like yard to me).

I liked that movie as well. I generally like Nicolas Cage when he isn't doing chick-flicks.

charity is charity. tell people about it or don't. doesn't make the deed any less.

5:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

National Treasure was one of the few movies I've liked this summer. Is it just me, or are movie writers just totally loosing their originality?? Sure writing movies is hard..thats why theyget paid the big big bucks right? haha!! anyway, hope your day is going well!!

1:14 PM  
Blogger Kaity said...

lol, i was kinda likin the Green Tea Frap... I love green tea too... maybe i have bad taste, lol.

10:08 PM  
Blogger Kimberly said...

I'm sticking to my Chocolate Frap...hold the coffee bleck! I only have it once or twice a year, so thats all good! A mowed lawn eh? And have tasted a lot of mowed lawns to know this? :)

Glad to know I'm not the only out there who never turns their TV on! I even have cable and still don't turn it on! The last time...probably in the spring! lol

1:48 AM  
Blogger LadyLinoleum said...

TV is totally addictive I agree. For me, it is mostly background noise. My husband laughs at me because I actually don't "watch" anything. I "listen" to a lot of stuff - mostly sci fi (hey, I can picture the spaceships in my head) - because I am usually working on some creature and I cannot look up at the tube.

5:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home