Wednesday, July 20, 2005

A Challenge ~ List added

Here is the deal-i-oh...I am challenging all those who visit this blog to make this weekend July 22-25 a "Get your butt in a gear and finish your Ufos and WIPs-a-thon"...

List:
Orange Simple Scarf~ DONE
Pink ganny square baby blanket~ DONE
Twin size granny sqaure afghan~ DONE (seems 3-12inch squares have gone missing. So I just tucked in ends and will be finding a new home for these guys, as I hadnt enough yarn to complete the project.
8ball dress~ DONE Show and tell
Stephs Purse~Line add button and "s"
Stephs poncho ~ DONE Show and Tell
Emily's cammo top~ DONE Show and tell

Who knows there may be more stuff lurking, I will add it if I find it! You know oddly I'm looking forward to the challenge and can't wait to add photos of the finished projects!


I really have got to do this...I want to move on to other things but starting to feel the guilt of "waste"...and truly it's a waste as it sits in baskets, bags, totes and is forgotten.

So who's with me? Come on girls and boys!!! One little weak, "I'm with ya Sistah" will do!

12 Comments:

Blogger MrsFife said...

Oooh, that's ambitious! I'd never be able to finish all that in just a weekend!
So I won't see you lurking around C'ville, huh?

10:45 PM  
Blogger CraftyCritter said...

Well I'm not trying to finish all, just make some sort of dent.
I feel a bit like the chap in the Edgar Alan Poe story, "The Black Cat"...my unfinished crochet projects is the cat behind the wall. Meowing and not hushing! I have agreed with me to take 30 minute breaks to do mail, c'ville and blog read!I awaken at 12 noonish and go to bed around 6 am so I think I can do some sort of damamge to my pile!
Come on Swapna, how can I deny me C'ville? lol
I am revising my list and will post my "need to do-s". And hopefully post as I finish them!

11:14 PM  
Blogger Kimberly said...

Count me in! I need to finish some things before I start my week of Snowflakes....otherwise I probably will give in and do something besides the flakes due to the pressure of seeing it sitting there almost done! :) And considering I have a 4 day weekend to get all of my WIPs / UFOs worked on...perfect!!

4:39 AM  
Blogger Dudleyspinner said...

To the tune of my dog's bigger than your dog.
My list is bigger than your list, my list is bigger than yours.
I would have to get a special notebook to list them all. Sad but true. I did find a sweater I started an eon ago that I would like to finish.
Deb

5:02 AM  
Blogger DAWN said...

It's my birthday on Saturday, so there won't be much crocheting going on--however I can honestly say there may be much yarn purchasing;)
~ DAWN

7:28 AM  
Blogger Jessica said...

OK, you've guilted me into it! I've got a poncho, bikini top, and bunny I'd like to finish. It's supposed to stay way too hot this weekend, so I won't be outside - maybe I'll actually finish!

Thanks for the push!

8:54 AM  
Blogger LadyLinoleum said...

I'm in. Got a chicken nugget order and I am *helping* Roadkill Korn back to the eyeball bearing world of vegetables...only two things. Not too bad.

3:33 PM  
Blogger Kimberly said...

Way to go on whipping those WIPs into shape! Four down and four to go! You're at the half way point in your list and its not even Saturday! :)

7:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm withya Sista! I am finishing a cardigan this weekend. It's been on the needles for about two months. It's time to bite the dust and finish it! And a little Sangria will help me along the way!!!

8:58 PM  
Blogger LadyLinoleum said...

Awesome! You rock with your FO's!!!

10:48 AM  
Blogger Veronica said...

LOL! GREAT idea! I take the dare! I don´t have many UFOs in fact.. but I´m taking them wherever hubby is taking me this week :)

<3

4:52 AM  
Blogger Lynlee said...

Hope it went well!

9:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home