Friday, July 08, 2005

Mindless Faire Maid ?



K, so thats me and THE old man....on our handfasting day!!! WOOT WOOT! I really don't get overly personal blogging but felt like sharing!

Don't we look please? We were for the most part, I promise!

We hate having pics of ourselves taken, was one reason for the faces. And for me I wanted to wear black but per request from my mother in law who stated she never saw me in anything BUT black wished I'd wear white or ivory just this once. I hated it! I did however manage to offend many when once the ceremony was over and pictures done I ran put on a pair of black jeans, a black top with flames and black boots with flames... whispers about how inappropriate it was were heard..... LOL! I mean come on people we decorated with SKULLS, Joe (dh) sang Your My Sunshine, the punk rock cover! HELLO!

We had a punk rock/ metal band for entertainment! Much to everyones dismay!

All in all we had a great day except... we heard about how inappropriate we were the whole damned time! And it seemed making us more offensive was the fact we didnt serve beer, or liquor.... we don't drink so why buy it??? I didn't see them NOT eating the friggin shrimp and pastries I loving prepared!

I also wanted my brother in law to be my bridesmaid type person my MIL pitched a fit and told him under no circumstances. He was my bestfriend DAMN IT! Who says its gotta be a girl? Friggin conventional thinking!

It was fun, the food was great, we prepared it all ourselves. We paid for everything ourselves except the cake which is the castle looking thing to the right in the pic, it was a wedding gift.

And the clincher.....we didnt get to go on a honeymoon as we drove all the drunks home, BYOB sucks! Okay so we had been "honeymooning" already but thats not the point!

Guess this is a bitchin post hmmmm I dunno my intent was something different! Well it's out there , not deleting it...

I love my Joe... never believed in all that love crap before him! Okay thats as mushy as I get! Im still cynical....but gotta ride this great ride while it last!

Heres a link ot our vows: Scroll down about 1/3 of the way down..."Pagan Marriage Ceremony" http://www.dfwx.com/medieval.html

and in the spirit of "sharing" I leave you with a tid bit about me....

I'm a repressed writer, I have volumes of childrens stories and erotica and poems never seen by another and likely never will be...

4 Comments:

Blogger MrsFife said...

Interesting! And may I offer my congratulations? Is it allowed? I'm clueless.

10:54 PM  
Blogger CraftyCritter said...

I suppose I should say that was just over 2.5 years ago! Congrats are great , thanx!

I haven't a clue why I felt like sharing real life other than crafting and animals....must be the allergy meds!

But then again that mightn't be appropriate, LOL!

1:31 AM  
Blogger Kimberly said...

One of my good friends just got married back in the US and had her brother as a "bridesman" - why be traditional? :-)

Thanks for sharing some memories of your day...skulls? Wow! Go you!

6:35 AM  
Blogger DAWN said...

Wow!! your celebration looked so cool. If I was a guest I would have been jazzed to find that it was so original. Kudos to you and your husband for doing it your way. It is about the two of you and not the onlookers, right? I'm so glad I found your blog:)
~ DAWN

8:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home