Tuesday, July 05, 2005


Image hosted by Photobucket.com



A simple scarf made of Caron SimplySoft Brites and RedHearts Tiki....I try to keep fast to make but nice gifts on hand for the offsprings friends, etc. The Tiki is super fun added to plain yarn, dresses it up a bit. To bad its discontinued.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com



From left to right; A thread bookmark..super fast to make, another quick gift item, then a slipper, yep there is only one. I thought I'd make them for my grandmother but after completing one and trying to walk around in the kitchen in it decide its CRAP...Don't want my grandmother flopping around in the floor like a flounder out of water. The slipper is well slippery! So it will have no mate, it's a nun slipper. Next is a glass cozy made of thread. Sadly I have no 8 oz glasses, so used a candle to "fill it out". I can see how it's functional for a glass though. Gonne make more for sure. Can ya tell I had a load of light blue thread , lol!!!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
 And this is what a Xmas in July looks like!!!! Thanx Crochetville Elf!!! You're sweet! I gotta play with those Crystalite Hooks....The chocolates are gone! The lip balm will be used daily!! And a wonderful granny square dishrag!!! And a Xmas card! hehe!

3 Comments:

Blogger Deneen said...

You are going to love those hooks! I have that set and I adore using them, the smaller hooks not so much.

Nice work!!!

7:53 AM  
Blogger DAWN said...

First of all Love the cozy made of thread. It is lovely. A set of them would make a great gift. Tiki is discontinued!!! when, why, how? It was good stuff. Damn!
Finally, a tip for the slipper. If you want it to be functional and have a mate; get some puff paint from the craft aisle and draw a swirly design on the bottom of the slipper. The slipper now has traction and you won't go falling on your butt:)
~ DAWN

7:58 AM  
Blogger Melissa H. said...

Nice job on everything! I agree about the paint on the bottom of the slipper~~that is exactly what I did with my boys' slippers and they have no problems walking on hard floors.

12:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home