Monday, January 30, 2006

Foodie Friday...Sorta late but here...

When one is a foodie there seems to be nothing we won't try at least once. Foodies in general are a outgoing bunch at least when it comes to "exploring" foodage.

Okay, well there are SOME things I will not try like raw seal liver and for some reason menudo and haggis irk me..LOL

Granted something just sound horrid.....sheep cheese sorta made me think twice about trying it, but I did and surprisingly I rather enjoyed it, although it was salty.

Don't be afraid to try something that's not in your norm....couscous instead of rice. Or maybe batter and deep fry some slices of bell peppers and serve with bleu cheese dressing or ranch dressing for dipping.

Eggplant is wonderful raw thinly sliced and added to a common side salad.

I want to share a couple of my oddball things I just love that most people may turn their noses up at.

First is the yummy and fragrant garlic pork ring sausage, cut off a hunk about 3 inches long. Slice it open but not all the way through. Brown in a skillet serve between two pieces toasted raisin cinnamon bread. Best when it's nice and thick bread and as fresh as possible.
I rarely eat meat but when and if I do this is what I go for. The smell is wonderful, the taste is even better.

Next, I think is fairly common but I loves me a banana and peanut butter sandwich....good stuff.

One of my favourite salads is baby spinach with dried cranberries, walnuts, and a red wine vinegarette.

Thats it for Foodie Friday today next time I will post about gadgets or leftovers and hopefully have a recipe for you to try.

BTW, this is one of my fave food places to visit online: Allrecipes , Look for me there...LollieY or Lollie1 I am both....

2 Comments:

Blogger eleKtrofly said...

mmmmmmmmm...
that salad sounds good, but i would like to suggest the addition of some soft goat cheese such as chevrie or boursin...

and btw, mad props on the beautiful william waterhouse painting on your profile, at least i think that's waterhouse.

4:48 PM  
Blogger CraftyCritter said...

John Waterhouse is my fave...Have many of his prints. Who don't love Waterhouse? LOL

4:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home