Saturday, January 07, 2006

Warning, Drama Ahead!

Well, I think I will be digging a mote right about now...

Again we have wildfires or had(?) this time on either side of us....one was just under a mile away and the other about 2 miles...we are packed and as silly as it sound I ain't unpacking! Geeeez, I feel like the boy who cried wolf, already!

This time the kiddos totally wigged out....but only because as we were driving by the biggest part of the fire they saw a corral with calves in it...with no friggin were to go....people were fleeing, really how do you explain to kids that sometimes people are to frightened to open gates so that things might run off and stand a chance?

I have scoured the internet for mention of our fires, and could find nothing...but if someone likes to google, here are some key words....Franklin, Texas...Hearne, Texas....Bryan/College Station, Texas....Roberston County, Brazos County, Wheelock, Texas.....Blackjack....Pin Oak & Bucksnort Roads.
I dont even know the television call letters for the area...but here is a link to the newpaper Theeagle.com and I've been reading here, not that it's helped any.

7 Comments:

Blogger Lynlee said...

*fingers crossed that everything turns out okay*

4:47 PM  
Blogger Deneen said...

I was just watching CNN tonight and they mentioned how bad it was in OK with the winds, etc. and I was thinking of you!

Sending more good vibes your way-I completely understand about the kids wigging, I would be too!

I'm thinking of all of you.

7:21 PM  
Blogger Tiffany said...

I'm tired of waking up every morning hoping that we'll have cloudy skies and rain. My grandparents live to the east of you in Grapeland, TX, and the dry conditions are horrible there. I have family in Cross Plains where half the town was lost to a fire. They came through that fire okay, but now are working to help the town recover.

I don't understand why we don't hear more of where the fires are.

My thoughts are definitely with you and your family. We will get rain soon! *hugs*

11:42 PM  
Blogger Priscilla said...

Second time this week I think I'd be wigging out too.
Sending good thoughts your way.

2:38 AM  
Blogger Marvie said...

Sending rainy thoughts your way! I can't believe there isn't more in the news about it! {{{Hugs}}} take care!

3:24 AM  
Blogger CraftyCritter said...

Well I think one report I read said that there has been up to 500 indiviual fires in Texas since Dec. 26th... This afternoon one of the firemen said that there has been almost ten fires around our home area (within 5 miles) since the first fire I reported here... so far as they know, a couple have been set but sparks from car exhaust, and one that they know of, yesterday, by someone shooting fireworks....how stupid can you be? Shooting fireworks when they are banned? GEEEZ!

The first fire I reported in my blog had firemen within a a city block of my home for over two days...these poor guys slept in the trucks on shifts...I can not tell you how grateful I am for them....these guys are all volunteer, meaning when they leave their jobs, they are not getting paid....they hear the alarm, leave work and stop being paid....some of these guys have missed weeks worth of work due to these fires...and no rain in the forecast for a very long time...we are on day 23 for no rain.

Think I will make some muffins and crap and take them to the firehouses. I think four area stations have been working out by our place....I can tell ya The Old Man said when the annual dinners come up he is buying tickets even if we dont go.....YAY for firemen!!!

Thanx for the well wishes....I guess we are on daily standby until we get some rain...hugs back folks!!!

4:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh dear! I hope you and your family stay safely out of harm's way!

10:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home