Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Things and Such

Ya know, sometimes there just isn't anything worth blogging about is there?

But I am gonna blog anyway..HA!, take that blah boring life!

I finished another doily this AM and am starting square number two of the Monet Afghan.
Deneen, the way the stitches lay on these blocks are so pretty. I don't care for afghans as I stated before BUT I think this one will be well worth my slight annoyance at even making an afghan, ANY afghan.

Update on my packages, I think several have found there way to there owners....for this I am very happy! I was starting to wonder if there was some sort of conspiracy to keep my packages from getting to where they belong. It's no secret I desire in many ways to be "off the grid" and sure in some freaky politicians mind I am an anarchist....not so...just self relient living is my choosen way of life...a goal that will hopefully be reached within the next few years. Anywho even of my paranoia LOL....

I am curious about something, input greatly appreciated. My curiousity lies in this.....is it presumptuous to post a list of finished products. I feel sometimes I am not as productive as I *know* I am so have started keeping a running list of completed works, sorta like a total board. Doilies: X amount, Hats: X amount so forth and so on.....does it seem a braggish thing to post this list where its viewable? I dunno.....the reason I ask is I saw a list on a blog somewhere after I started mine on Notepad....and thought, "where's the race? " LOL but am I not doing the same damned thing? Oh well...contradictory.

I have a very unkind thought and must share it well cause I am a bitch sometimes....but there is a poster at C'ville that I think should change her user name to IMO.....seems shes full of opinions even if she has had no personal experience with whats being asked, but she sure as hell puts IMO often enough. I wanna say "Hey who asked you, you big ass bozo"....Seems like she gotta type just to see herself speak LOL, Okay, okay I will stop now.

I haven't been able to comment on blogs lately although I read tons daily. Most aren't on my side bar that I visit, but I do visit them like I said daily.

BTW my friend Jo does beautiful X-stitch work and I have seen it up close and personal.....She does sell her work but does not have it posted anywhere....However if anyone would like dish towels or something I am sure she would love to hear from you and work out a deal. Email me at Simplewitchery (at) gmail (dot) com and I will get the info to her....This may be updated with direct contact info as soon as I work out where the heck she wants to have it sent. I have seen her dishtowels and coffee mugs with x-stitch, very nice work. Names etc....I know weird with no pics but maybe it will work, connecting, it's worth a shot. Think about Mama's day coming up.....

A new rag quilt is in the works, this one will go up for sale somewhere....I am rather excited to see what if any interest it generates. I sell word of mouth usually...so we shall see.

Fran sent me the most lovely giftage.....A wonderful hookcase, note cards, notepad, yarn, pet food coupons and a donation for our work with animals. I cried like a freak....we have never ever gotten a monetary donation, I usually set up at a flea market to get the needed funds for spaying and neutering, selling garage sale type items. I had mixed feeling on seeing Fran's very kind money gift....I was uncomfortable but grateful. BTW our first spay of the year was done the other day! YAY!!! Thanx Fran...we all appreciate your kindness very much!

Kimberly, I was a Rowan Tree.....scary close I gotta say!

Okay I am done rambling now......have a good one!

I almost forgot, there is a poll on the sidebar, vote if ya feel like it....thanx!

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

IMO (rofl couldn't resist) It is a crochet blog right? Then posting a tally list of your FO's wouldn't be wrong I dont think.

2:28 PM  
Blogger ThreeOliveMartini said...

hey its your blog post what you want..

and yeah i think i know who you are tlaking about and her name should be NOSY

2:56 PM  
Blogger Tiffany said...

OMG, IMO UR 2 funny about the IMOs. LOL

(insert evil laugh here)

Yes, post a tally list! I think that's a great idea and could start a new trend. :)

5:50 PM  
Blogger AmyS (Crochetville) said...

Hey, I've got a tally list in one of my sidebars. It's not meant to show off how much I've done, but simply for ME to keep track of what I've done throughout the year.

I've decided to just make it a yearly listing, so at the end of last December/early this January (who knows now which it was?) I just copied the info from my sidebar into a regular post, then changed the sidebar info to projects completed in 2006.

I'm known for being VERY forgetful, so if I don't keep track of this info someplace, I will definitely forget what I made and to whom I gave it. I DON'T want to end up giving the same item to the same person two years in a row. Without this list, I just might actually do that!

So I say, go right ahead and post that tally!

6:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home