Monday, March 06, 2006

Want Fries With That?

"Better never to have met you in my dream than to wake and reach for hands that are not there." Otomo No Yakamochi


Loves end is a pain in the rump no matter if its for a fellow human, or a community.

Recently, I have been waddling along taking care of personal issues. Shut yo mouth! Yea, I know I hate whining, overly personal posting...whatevah. Anyhoo been taking care of stuff here in Lollieland and haven't been posting on or reading many blogs, nor have I been in what was once my fave hangout much....The long and short is the place I fell in love with is no longer there....its a seething pool of bullshit and very clique-ish....Heaven forbid you not be one of the pity me crowd you're all but ignored. I don't wanna post my creations there anymore...not because they suck, but because it seems one is obviously overlook if you aren't in the "in crowd"...Who can figure the dynamics, I sure as hell can't.

If you arent a Christian....these good folk who call themselves one...act like you have the plague. Odd for those that are suppose to be loving open people. Alisha all but avoids me now...bravo...WWJD, HUH?

Then you have a self serving know it all...seems anytime anyone post she must give her approval....WHO THE FUCK CARES WHAT YOU THINK YOU TWIT??? She always has an opinion...Typing for the sake of seeing her typing ....The smokers want to do a swap....good idea if you ask me....but no one did, LOL...anyway this person wasted no time in making her thoughts known...SHE DOESNT SMOKE!, however, her cheerio to the thread starter was nothing more than a put down guised as a compliment....Listen Donna get over it you aint so fucking special we all need your fucking approval, you half wit self absorbed turd! I swear when a new post is up she is right there and I get that Charlie Brown thing going on in my head. BlaH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH...OY!

Anyway, I am very sad because I long for the community it was before...no one whined about everyday bullshit. If someone had a problem you were more likely to read cuz you KNEW it was a real problem. Not mundane everyday crap most people deal with. It didnt used to matter what religion you were.....I still like to read posts in show and tell but my perception has become one of feeling very much to as if I don't belong.

We have a rule in our family......ditch toxic people, they just bring ya down...so now what do I do? Keep on keeping on like I am, reading but not posting?
Should I push my way in? That's not my nature. So I guess I will keep me on the down-low until I decide if I want to stay.

Now people may say I am not really into C'ville anyway....I rarely post, they never see me bragging about any charity work, and they never see me posting overly personal get to know me crap...AH HA but you are wrong very very wrong.....
I send a ton of RAOKs, alot to some of the people that shun me, I also give a ton of comfortghan squares perhaps I should be one of the masses and make sure all know my good deeds.....Don't these acts make me a community member? Maybe I am looking at it all wrong...maybe I should just act like I dont notice all the bullshit. Why the hell are these clique-ish types being allowed to run the board? I was thrilled to see a recent post about etiquitte however....perception plays into this....what I might find flame-ish someone else might not find anything wrong with it and visa versa.

Guess all and all the saddest part is I am allowing myself to let these few make me want to leave....Why, I wonder?

Okay I think I have done enough rambling and bitching...just the afore mention bugs the ever loving crap out of me.

On to other stuff....

My friend Miss Jane needs good thoughts and prayers going to her husband George. He has been ill and she's a strong lady but not in the best health herself. I have had a card sitting here for her for almost 3 weeks and haven't made it to the post office yet. Yea, I suck. Sorry Jane. Luv Ya and stuff...

Speaking of packages....I have a number sitting here for fellow crafter/crocheters.
Jo, Beth, Swapna, Vicki, Faith, Melissa and Deneen....Hoping to mail these bad boys Friday. Fingers crossed ladies! Me and time lately....never a twain shall meet, ya know what I mean?

Deneen, I think I found a solution to stink fish-y pan/skillets. Vanilla, baby....I know it works for a microwave...so worth a shot in a pan...just add a teaspoon or two in the skillet and warm on the stove....buh-bye stinky fish pan!

I will be adding product to my site this week! YAY! If I can make me do it, HA the catch! I think I will make the total cost include postage.

Thanx to Tiffany, Fran and Vicki all sent fabulous packages! It means a ton...Love that you all took the time and thought of me! Makes a people feel good. Tiffany sent a box with divine, wool ease thick and quick and something else thats loverly. And Vicki sent divine, candle and notepad. Fran sent a ton of pet food coupons! And I probably should apologize. I think sometimes when I type things they just don't come out like I want them too. And Fran had been gracious enough to send a monitary donation a month or so ago and I mentioned I felt odd taking it....I did feel weird, but not a bad weird...more like a surprise at such kindness....BTW 3 doggies spayed this year! YAY!

I guess I will close with a disclaimer now.....
If my post upset anyone metioned in it or anyone sensitive...BITE ME!

Oh and again I will probably not be here much due to stuff and things....I do have Fos to post as well as a pic of the fabu shawl Deneen sent. Thoughts and good vibes peeps, plz!

PS...Swapna, I missed ya something awful, glad you're back!

10 Comments:

Blogger hi, i'm natalie said...

Three dogs spayed and it's only the beginning of March - that's a freakin' awesome start. Great job, Cordelia!

Half the time I'm so clueless I don't feel qualified to weigh in on what goes over at the 'Ville, but I can say that when you do decide to post you always have something constructive to add or good information to offer. I appreciate that.

8:45 PM  
Blogger ThreeOliveMartini said...

umm yeah what natalie said.. and dont feel like you are the only one that feels jsut as you do .. there are more that do .. its just funny the ones that want the "nastiness" gone are the ones that spread the doom like the plague..

dont stop being you .. that is all i can say .. i dont want you to go..

9:16 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

*hugs*

Ummm, you could probably just copy your post and let me paste it onto my blog and you would get how I have been feeling about the ville.

5:23 AM  
Blogger Deneen said...

Crochetville is definitiely turning into "Crotchet-ville" as my hubby calls it. Youc an't let these people bring you down. Ignore them. Donna is definitely a know it all pain in the ass, always has an opinion on everything, whether she knows about it or not. Just another one of the people I avoid like the plaque.

As for Alisha, I personally would confront her, but that't just me.

There are supposed to be some new rules going in place about "flaming" etc., three strikes your out type things.

I have been tired and depressed too......I'm hoping it's just the season.

Hugs to you Cordi!

9:56 AM  
Blogger Priscilla said...

I love you for being you Cordelia so don't change.
When I go looking in c'ville I just look under show and tell's first post not going on to read everyones opinions they can suck sometimes. I also like looking in the help threads too, skipping over the whaas.
I don't read the poor mes because I have real drama in my life and most others are whimps.
BTW, Nicole used your idea of cheese cake pudding in the choc chip cookies and enter a competetion and won 1st, thank you for the good ideas and keep them coming.

5:22 PM  
Blogger Kimberly said...

You're not alone there on your feelings about C'ville....I've been visiting less and less which is a shame since C'ville has introduced me to so many new people. I have the whole head in the sand routine going and am usually clueless on whats happening....

That being all said, I would be very blue should you stop visiting.....I won't have anyone to stalk now...although my stalking days have been far and few between lately! *grin*

4:41 PM  
Blogger MrsFife said...

Help! I'm no longer being stalked!!!

3:52 AM  
Blogger LadyLinoleum said...

Hey girlie, sorry things are sucky right now. I sorta stay outta the fray at the 'ville. I find it is much better for my mental health to just be out of the limelight and on the edges of the group. So far, so good.

BTW, please send me your mailing addy as I have a little giftie for you. Send it to ladylinoleum at monstercrochet dot com.

*hugs*

4:37 PM  
Blogger Lynlee said...

Every time I think I'm ready to go back to the 'ville... I decide not to. Life is much simpler this way. I'm thankful to it for the people I met there... but other than that, we just don't get along much, me and the 'ville.

Just remember - Lynlee still loves you!

7:31 PM  
Blogger Tiffany said...

I can tell you that if I knew of a way to stop the shit at Crochetville, I would. I can say you're not alone and that those in power would do anything in their power to stop the minority from making the 'ville a bad place to be for the majority.

I would like to see a grassroots mission started to stop the crap and get rid of the bad seeds to return it to the place were we all liked to hang out. We sat on our butts for too long, but we are trying! Honest!

9:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home