Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Blogawhazzit?

So after visiting Kari's blog today and reading the latest hooplah going on in blogland........I got to thinking...HEY! No smartass comments people! Anyway I got to thinking like I said and I started wonder why I started on my road to blogging in the first place...What in the world made me say, "Lollie, exposing your feelings, words, random thoughts to the world (small or large), leaving yourself open for criticism and even scarier, at least in my point of view, possible friendships sounds like a hoot! Let's hang it all out there girl and see what, if anything happens!!!" Yeah I talk to me, so what? But like I was saying I was reflectin' and wonderin' as is my nature and do not recall even concidering what others might want to read. Frankly, who the friggin hell wants to read about my boring life and my sometimes illogical rants? So it started out as a way for me to talk to me....organize my thoughts and maybe gain insight in to things I felt or said at the time that might need more reflection later on.

Then when I told a online friend or two about my blog, they asked for the link, I gave it and I really enjoyed the feedback. I liked being able to say what I wanted or what I was feeling in my own words not prettied up and sugar coated and have them tell me what they thought or even better...not give an opinion but just be a noticible silent support...Nah, don't get me wrong, not a lot of weeping or poor me crap goes on but I think sometimes I have a weird view or a common view just one thats not often spoken of aloud.

So in my thinking back blogging was and is my medicine, my centre, my peace...it has been a way for me to be me, warts and all, and helped gain a knowledge of me thats has taken a long time to learn. Life is ever changing and that means we are not a constant being...we change....one word can change how we feel about ourselve sometimes just for a moment sometimes for a lifetime...I am learning a self awareness that is a good self knowing...Blogging has allowed me to step out into the world in my own way. Not really being a social butterfly, this has become as much as my coffee table where friends and aquantiances can gather and leisurely sip coffee and visit...just like any livingroom in the world.

I don't think I should have to hide my thoughts, my feelings, my gifts or giving or try to be PC about every damn thing.... I am not here to cater to anyone but me....ME ME ME.....yeah, I said ME! If ya don't like what ya see move along.

Totally off topic but what does big old honking jewelry got to do with looks? Just curious...

Be well.....Exits singing The Offsprings...You Ain't The Boss Of Me!

5 Comments:

Blogger Tiffany said...

Totally OT, but my nickname for my daughter is Lollie! Also, jewelry has nothing to do with looks, particularly large jewelry.

I enjoy sitting at your coffee table drinking coffee while listening to your thoughts and rants even though I may not say so often enough. :)

9:07 PM  
Blogger ThreeOliveMartini said...

"what does big old honking jewelry got to do with looks? "

not a damn thing except to the person that thinks they do.. and i caught that too .. just didnt know how to go about saying anything with out being a total bitch .. you know i dont need to say i wear a 4 carat diamond so you can recognize me .. and you know the first thing i do when i see some one is NOT taking their hand and inspecting jewelry to make sure its the right person ..

and i am sure its not gone unnoticed that this particular person is very good at telling us what she has ..

i think she thinks it makes her better..

i think it makes her petty..

9:23 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh I ALWAYS am walking up to total strangers asking to look at their ears to make sure they aren't someone I know from the internet!
The ones that I ask to look at their bellies for bellybutton piercings are the funniest!

7:05 AM  
Blogger hi, i'm natalie said...

OMG - you mean you don't look for a HUGE diamond the moment you meet someone?? LOL!!

Not sure if I have commented here before but I had to come out of lurkdom for that one - I'm thinking "Ah! I get the joke this time!"

Anywho, I haven't been a reader for a terribly long time but I quite enjoy reading your posts, no matter who they're for! Sometimes, I think the thrill of reading blogs is voyeuristic in a way... You get to look in on someone, even if it is allowed. What's the fun if the person you're looking in on is acting different cuz you're there, y'know?

6:39 PM  
Blogger CraftyCritter said...

Glad to "see" ya Tiffany!

Yep SO true Beth

hehe Kari you're silly!

I totally agree Natalie, warts and all baby warts and all! Nice to see you too!

Life would be so friggin lame if we all were cookie cutter people...BORING!

10:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home