Saturday, August 06, 2005

Evolution?

I'm evolving....it's scary man, scary.
I have been noticing for the past couple of weeks I'm changing. Not sure I'm welcoming the new me. I like the old me. Seriously! I noticed, I am wearing my moccosins more than my 4 inch heeled black boots (think K.I.S.S on a smaller scale). I am opting for gauzey tunics rather than tanks with saying like "Keep Music Evil". What's happening to me?
I've always thought I was earthy, but damn I am getting EARTHY. Pretty soon I'm gonna be mama a la Dharma's mom.
I still have a nose ring, my navel ring died last year, I vowed to replace it, I have yet to do that. My hair is all black rather than streaks of violet, vampire red and blue. Is it age? Or something else? SIGH! Am I having an idenity crisis? Well crap!
All this newness made me reflect to a time when I was a small human. I can recall wanting to be Morticia Addams, then when I saw Elvira, well hell yea, I need some Elvira essense, or so I thought. I never wanted to be Mrs. Brady or even later in the teen years, Molly Ringwald (although I did want to shave her head and stab her with a spoon repeatedly).
OMG, when I saw The Cure... and then Aimee Mann, hey and I can't forget who made me wanna do naughty things before I even knew what those were, Adam Ant, WOWZERS! I can remember oooo-ing and awwing over Greenday and Metallica before they became "sell outs". I even did my do like the chick from Thompson Twins. Seems I had a clash going on already, New Wave or Metal...hmmmmm
I remember sneaking Ozzy's tape "Bark At The Moon" and Motley Crue's "Shout At The Devil" And this is weird, I had a groovy kinda love for Don Williams. You know I don't seem to recall trying to find a label.... then why is it so uncomfortable , this new transition? Oh well! Where's a rolling the eyes smiley when ya need one. I guess I will just go with the flow..Even if now I'm listening to Lisa Thiel singing "Warrior Goddess" to get me going and chill out during the day. I still mix it up with my reggae and alternative and punk. Guess the new me ain't so bad. Hey, I wonder if I can get a new sleeker model of me? And do they finance?
And the gratuitous crochet mention: I made something again. Look or not, no worries.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lynlee said...

People change... It is the only constant in life.

And you know who Lisa Thiel is so you're still on the cool list. *wink*

3:20 PM  
Blogger sara said...

I've discovered that the only way to define myself is to say "I am whoever I am at any given moment."

12:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home