Monday, June 13, 2005

Random Thought

My grandmother used to have this saying, I noticed she used it a lot when referring to new friends I'd sometimes drag home....

Her little eyebrow would raise and she'd say, "If you lay down with dogs, you'll pick up fleas." Then I'd just roll my eyes but now... I see her wisdom....SIGH

I think she was preparing me for Crochetville...laugh go ahead but I'm serious!!!! I go over there read a few weeks, then decide to join, now I'm all up in C'Villes Kool Aid....it's true...I wake up and run over to see new post, do a few household things, run back to see any new post, after hubby goes to work I park there and sit and wait...on what I dunno...

Now here is the fleas bit....These fellow yarn lubber have filled my favorites with endless links...I read more blogs in a day than I have actual hours!

The moral of the story is "if you lay down with hookers, your gonna pick up yarn, patterns, and inspiration"

5 Comments:

Blogger Kimberly said...

That is just too funny! *sigh* totally true though! I must admidt I am the same way....even worse here I am at working reading blogs....okay, I still have 11 minutes on my lunch time, but still!! The blog notification is constantly going off and telling me I have new posts to read...what an evil invention!

5:47 AM  
Blogger CraftyCritter said...

I'm glad you found it funny....I was a bit worried someone might take offense...but I was thinking it, so why not share??? I love the blogs, let's ya get to see a person behind the piles of yarn!

7:53 PM  
Blogger Lynlee said...

I understand completely...

5:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man them fleas itch hehe I feel ya : )

7:08 PM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

he he hee! you just wait... not only yarn and patterns... you'll soon find you have an 'itch' for those pretty hooks from TOTC...and if you're not already addicted to burt's bees or adagio teas.....
oh and damn those blogs!!! bloglines is truly truly evil

8:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home