Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Censorship? I think not!

Well...just to ruffle a few feathers, cuz ya know thats what I live for...Not really, but anyhoo...

Seems several folks are upset about prayer request being nixed over at a forum I live,I mean, visit...

I think what people are failing to realize is that the prayer request may start as "Pray for me or Keep me in your thoughts" but it rapidly turns into a preaching session. Do the prayer request bother me on a whole, nope...does it bother me that it turns into "Jesus will provide, leave it too Him" Well yea but only because the forum as a whole is very diverse and not all participants are Christians. Why not leave it at , "I will keep you in my thoughts, etc" We have Christians, Hindus, Buddahist, Pagans, Jews and on and on...which indeed makes the forum a magickal place....However as these few folks seem to be having a hard time dealing with what they think is a "new" rule, which it isn't, I can't help but wonder how THEY would react if the other religions voiced their prayer request in the name of their Deity?....Wonder how asking everyone to pray or preform a ceremony to The Goddess would go over, or to Ganesh or prehaps fast in the name of Buddah...

Do I pray? Yep! Do I meditate? Yep! Do I keep those in need close to my heart and their name on my lips? YES....But it's one thing to request comfort and another to preach.....

All and all this will not be resolved easily...I feel for the moderator that was brave enough to say something.....

People get a clue....The world is becoming more diverse and thankfully so....Look around not everyone prays to Jesus or God..but their heart and feeling behind their very own prayers/meditations in the name of whoever is not any less important or well-meaning....

If one is to share their beliefs then thusly they should be open to hearing and accepting others beliefs...but sadly this doesn't happen...While many demand they be the majority they refuse to "tolerate" others choice of faith...Again you have to wonder if the very people upset would be equally upset over someone "Thanking Allah"..... SIGH... Ya also gotta wonder if they'd be so pissed if a thread asking for prayers in the name of The Goddess were closed...or would they rally 'round and cheer?

Edited to add: It has been mentioned that those offended by prayer request should avoid the threads...and I did and have always avoided posting in them. I did read a few so that I too could keep those ill or in need of support in my thoughts. Also I was never ever offened by prayer request...I think the above post clearly states my personal objections. Allow them or not, no worries to me personally, but now I wonder will this topic ever die over at the forum? In the immortal words of Rodney King, "Why can't we all just get along?"

3 Comments:

Blogger Deneen said...

I agree with you completely. I found that it was better to avoid the "Off Topic Conversations" completely. I was very tired of please pray for my uncles, next door neighbors neice who stubbed her toe".

This did upset quite a few at Crochetville though. I know Faithpa is very upset.

There just has to be line drawn. And yes, you are right, if you put something in with paganism, I think a lot of the Christians would be offended (IMHO).

6:00 PM  
Blogger Lynlee said...

I'm with Deneen. I avoided OTC almost always. Wasn't around for the blow-out but I honestly think it was a great idea.

9:08 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Can I get an amen? hehe sorry couldn't resist.
I agree totally. 'nuff said

1:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home