Thursday, September 22, 2005

Badass Rita

Well folks, seems Rita might be coming for a visit. We were right in the eyes path but now its slightly to the east of us.

People are evacuating here, which is silly, but oh well, guess images of Katrina are still haunting them.

We went to pick up some extra batteries and water yesterday. None to be found. Lines at gas stations and people fighting. Just so damned stupid. We just shrugged and waited our 30-40 minutes in line and went home empty handed. But fear not being a girlscout until I was 31, I am always prepared. lol, for real I was, carried a card and everything.

We have a distiller that is on stand by and loads of batteries and food. Out in the boonies we are always prepared anyway.

We also have a plan "b', my grandmother can take my offspring westward tomorrow if it looks bad. Since we do animal rescue I can't leave, but once again don't know why anyone would. T-storms and a bit of wind at the most, no biggy.

On to nice yarny topics. I have flung myself to the fibre gods...I have indeed signed up for the fall yarn swap and the purse swap. I am a glutton for punishment, no doubt.

Where's Swapna?

Thanx for dragging me back from the brink of blog death Lynlee! Not sure what that means but it looks purdy typed out.

12 sent, 4 acknowledged.....all I'm saying.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lynlee said...

YAY! Glad to hear you aren't dead!

Hope Rita isn't too big of a bitch for ya.

And if those 8 things that haven't been acknowledged are RAOKs, please let me know and I will see what powers, if any I have - and if I have none then I will certainly be granting some to myself b/c that just isn't acceptable.

10:49 PM  
Blogger Kimberly said...

Hope that all is going okay for you over there with that bitch Rita stalking you.

Seconding Lynlee - not saying thankyou is unacceptable!! I am always way to excited and can not wait to tell people thanks!

2:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home